The edge of the precipice, that's where I stand
I look down, beyond my trembling hand
Over the edge, it's dark and bottomless
How did I ever get myself into this mess?
Vague memories; warmth and comfort, they flash
Getting here, to the edge, was a short dash
I'm alone now, there's nobody
The high, the fright, I'm giddy.
I keel over; free fall
I need an angel, to fix it all
A sudden ruffling of wings, I've been caught
I admire this apparition my mind has brought.
I stop at the face, that's all I can see
My personal angel; it's Me.
I look down, beyond my trembling hand
Over the edge, it's dark and bottomless
How did I ever get myself into this mess?
Vague memories; warmth and comfort, they flash
Getting here, to the edge, was a short dash
I'm alone now, there's nobody
The high, the fright, I'm giddy.
I keel over; free fall
I need an angel, to fix it all
A sudden ruffling of wings, I've been caught
I admire this apparition my mind has brought.
I stop at the face, that's all I can see
My personal angel; it's Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment