It took me a real long time to start a blog because I didn't know what my first post should contain. I kept turning ideas over and over, and finally, decided to use this poem for my first post. I've written it keeping in mind the fantasy books I grew up on.
[I would like to know what you think the ending means :)]
[I would like to know what you think the ending means :)]
IT WAS THE LIGHT
It was the light, I open my eyes
Bleary and tired, I blink
My vision, is of the vast skies
Forcing me to clearly think
Where am I?
It was the leaves’ rustle
That brought all back with a jolt
The guards outside, all the hustle
And the wooden door that had a bolt.
The search, the chase,
Mainly the darkness.
My head I try to raise
I revisit the darkness.
It wasn’t the usual treasure hunt
I wasn’t after gold
I sit up with a grunt
My story has to be told.
What I was after, did not belong
With the men who had it stolen
Nay, the beginning is the song
Which foretold the coming of the Fallen.
An old and powerful race
Defeated by the slaves
The throne now they grace
Having sent the Old ones to their graves
Or so it was thought,
They will return,
That’s what the song taught,
The object of importance being an urn.
My master summoned me
And now he waits upon the shore
Woe be me
The pain, I can’t take it anymore.
The urn had to be found and broken,
Before the feared dawn
And choice words be spoken
On the following morn.
But thwarted as am I
By some who wanted otherwise
The colour rises in the sky,
The guilt, I can not disguise.
Stop! This has to end
Or the world is doomed!
The rules must bend
To stop……to stop, there must be
A Sacrifice!
This hollow in a tree
My prison, will serve me now
A tree tall and wide, like many
What’s that? You wonder how?
This helped, telling the story
Now I take leave goodbye
I’m sorry the end seems gory
This is it, my last glimpse of the sky.
It was the light, I open my eyes
But this just can’t be
My first glimpse is of the sky
And then the book beside me.
Bingo!!! First blog...First Post!!..a sweet tribute to fantasy:)(and transformers 2:P)
ReplyDelete