Friday, 4 November 2011

A Ghost from the Past

You came to me, when I knew it was time
A visit from a ghost from the past
I thought nothing of the warning chime
The visit wasn’t supposed to last

You didn’t scare me, not one bit
I had my walls around me
Your eyes, bottomless dire pits
Lay forgotten pain bare for you to see

Your conniving charm, the echo of your laughter
Dug deftly into my walls
The wind gushed in with the before and after
I barely saved myself from a fall

You grey ghost! You shook my world
You watched as it cracked and tore
You watched hungrily as it whirled
And turned it all on me like before

It may be small, it may be queer
But, this world, this is mine!
Ghost! You don’t belong here
My walls are up, I’ll be fine

Leave! Ghost from the past
My world shall be as before
In here you cannot last
Leave! My world will be shook no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment